Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Not The End Of The World Then...

So that thing is switched on then, the collider thing in Switzerland. I was getting worried that all past efforts to save the world by only half-filling my kettle were in vain, especially after waking from an awful dream where I was standing with my mother at my parents house, watching this swirling vortex of energy rise from beneath the ground outside, which then turned into a huge mushroom shaped cloud. Green glowing gooey light started radiating off things, and I was saying to my mother 'that's radiation you know, I saw it on The Simpsons; they must have switched that particle thing on' (astrology buffs won't be surprised to learn that Pluto is transiting my 4th house at the mo).

But this is Pluto for you, it's all about the unknown, the uncontrollable, the invisible and what lies beneath the surface; and it's about how we react to the unknown and what we can't control etc, based on mindset and expectations. But Pluto is in Sagittarius and Sagittarius is all about keeping faith that there's always more to come, that it's safe to go Star Trek style where no-one has gone before, and how it's never the end of the world really. I hear they aren't smashing particles into each other until October, so till then I hope they are planning on saving the world by switching it off instead of leaving it on standby...

2 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Laughing. A little bit. Your writing is so enjoyable...your dream not so much!! Fun to read, but must be tough to live with. So will you be filling your kettle half-full until October, then? I have enough ninth house stuff to always think things are going to turn out perfectly even as I watch them disintegrate. Bwah. I missed the live webcast of the Hadron by seconds - stayed awake until the last moment, then dozed.

Barbara Palliser said...

Thankyou :) And I'm a ninth house girl too. But my faith took a battering since 95 when Pluto steadily opposed each planet year by year. Out of the ashes though... that is probably why I am now filling my kettle half full instead of leaving it half empty ;-)