Saturday, June 03, 2006

8 Random Things About Me

Lynn Hayes writes one of my favourite astrology blogs, Astrological Musings, and guess what, she has tagged me for this random thingy game. How exciting, thankyou Lynn! So here goes, never done this before...


1. The first record I ever bought was ‘Heart Of Glass’ by Blondie.

2. I love flowers so much that I couldn’t pick a favourite. I see them all as stylish works of performance art by God, each and everyone of them.

3. I'm a Gemini and my sister is Scorpio. We both have moon in Aries, at the very same degree. Hers is conjunct Jupiter, mine conjunct Saturn. I’m Virgo rising, she’s Pisces rising. What’s going on there? What’s that all about? Why does that happen? This is how astrology draws me in.

4. I believe 100% in the existence of angels. I have my reasons, and that’s all I’m saying.

5. I'm a dog person rather than cat person, an animal person rather than people person.

6. I love period dramas, especially lavish BBC productions like the recent Bleak House. I spent New Year’s day happily watching the whole series of Pride and Prejudice, wrapped in a faux fur throw and eating chocolates.

7. I dream intricate technicolour dreams with complicated plots and recurring themes almost every night. They are most lucid and prophetic around a new moon according to my dream diary (Virgo Pluto/Uranus rising from the 12th, square Gemini Mercury?).

8. I am at last recovering from 8 years of agoraphobia and anxiety attacks. Definately the biggest challenge of my life - my 'dark night of the soul' (Virgo Pluto/Uranus rising from the 12th, square Gemini Mercury!).


My turn to tag!
April
Wendy
Val
Isthmus

5 comments:

Lynn Hayes said...

Thanks for playing, Barbara! Although I resist them, these "memes" are a fun way to learn about the bloggers you read.

Barbara Palliser said...

yes Lynn, it was more fun than I thought it would be, and endlessly fascinating to read what others have said.

April said...

Thanks for pulling me out onto the dance floor, Barbara! Anyone who likes P&P (Colin Firth... MMMMmmmm...) is okay by me. And congrats to you on vanquishing the twin foes of anxiety and agoraphobia!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Barbara!

I wonder, with both your sister's and your moon in Aries, is your mother a fire sun or Aries-like in any way?

Barbara Palliser said...

Hi Rose,
If you mean how do I write my astrology column, well, I've studied astrology for years now, and I do my best each month to write something for each sign, based the current pattern of planets in the skies. If you found it spot on, then I am doing my job properly, so thankyou for the feedback!
But if you are asking why astrology works, I don't really know to be honest! There are lots of theories and none really proved, I don't think. I get good results from astrology, and that is good enough for me :-)


Hi April - yes, Colin Firth, what can I say, the ultimate period drama hero I think!


Isthmus, my mother is so un-aries like in every way! but maybe that is a key? She is a Taurus with Cap moon, lots of earth, with a good helping of planets in water too.